On Mar 27, 2005, at 11:42 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Apparently you can't read. I didn't say you were an
idiot for running your own server.

Can't read what? I'm not sure what line you're specifically referencing here, probably because you didn't inline the comment. But that's okay...we'll use a technique favored by trolls, and just stick your reply line wherever it is most convenient to twist the meaning!

Only that you
were an idiot to use your server to download
tons of crap from lists that you don't want to
read when for free you can have it stored elsewhere.

A ton of crap? Wow...how much email do you keep in your spools, anyway? Are you running a mail server on an under-resourced system or something? If you aren't running with enough disk space for handling your domain's email, that sounds more like a violation of the "competency" clause in running your own mail server.

I have a server, and a domain (several) and lots of
other cool stuff.

Like this cool Transformer, and this remote controlled boat, and this neat-o minibike my dad got me for Christmas!

I got tired of wasting cpu cycles
and disk space, considering that maybe 1 out of 20
messages actually interests me.

Oh, the hardship of being a sysadmin for a home network...the horror! The HORROR!

You guys always
complain about wasted bandwidth. Well if you use
yahoo or gmail or aol then you don't waste any bandwidth
of your own. You just read what you want to read.

I think most "wasted bandwidth" complaints today are veiled hints for the other person to shut up because they're wasting time. If you're running your own server and bandwidth is a premium, you already have a problem.