On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Chris wrote:
Anthony Atkielski wrote:

Chris writes:

I disagree - If FBSD does not (or did not) know of the HP/Compaq tweakes
in the microcode, how can you claim it's broken?

Because it works with Windows NT.

This whole thread is about ridiculous.

Does it work in XP? Does it work in Linux? Does it work on an Apple Friggin IIe?

Point is, I have cards that work in FreeBSD, that dont work in XP. I have cards that work in 2000 that do not work in FreeBSD.

What I do is, I search the lists for an answer. If I cant find one, then, I ask for guidance.

This Anthony has searched for guidance, and, has been told to send a nice mail, with output, to the people who work on the drivers.

I killfiled Anthony awhile ago, because of his senseless asinine behavior. Yet, I still get replies, because, some of Bart and Chris's comments have been pretty good. =) However, we have come full circle for the 32,767th time now, and, this thread needs to die.

Therefore, Andrew is an NT Nazi, plain and simple. He will never give up on beating the dead horse that is "it worked on NT". Like hitler with poland, he will not release the primitive, shortsighted, and unabashedly ignorant viewpoint that "if it worked in NT, it should work in FreeBSD, and if it dosent, than FreeBSD is flawed" NT uber alles!

I now, in accordance with the laws of discussion threads, I invoke Godwin's law on myself, and the thread.

It needs to die.

Thank's for flying FreeBSD.

--
Duo

Although the Buddhists will tell you that desire is the root of suffering, my personal experience leads me to point the finger at system administration.
--Philip Greenspun