Quinn Ellis wrote:

Hello list.
I am running FreeBSD 5.3 AMD64. It however, won't boot when I leave ACPI installed. Is this a bios issue? (Epox 8kda3+ AMD64).

Thanks
Quinn

I would say yes, but who could really say? You haven't given alot of detail. That said I have an epox(socket A nforce2) and it seems they use the microsoft acpi stuff, which sucks. I have sent some problems reports to them, even one with a phatched asl I did myself. I got no real response, they said we support windows, not linux. Hold on, LINUX! I told I run FreeBSD! O well, I would recommend staying away from epox if you wnat to run a non-ms os.

Have you tried the acpidump yet?