Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
Jiri Novak wrote:

and I have noticed that lots of ports fail to build because of "internal compiler error" from GCC...

Does the error always occur in the same place? If not, then it is possible you have a hardware fault.

A segmentation fault results from bad memory access, which could be a program(mer) fault, but in something as well developed as GCC, they ought never to happen.

If it is a hardware fault, the likely culprits are memory and disk. Do you have any interesting messages in /var/log/messages?

--Alex

The error always occur at the same place, in ports (it was firefox and mplayer
for sure, not quite sure about others) and in buildworld, so I don't suspect faulty hardware.
No useful messages in /var/log/messages...
Well, it seems that I'm doomed :(
--
Jiri Novak