Gert Cuykens wrote:
On Apr 2, 2005 10:52 AM, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Gert Cuykens wrote:

On Mar 31, 2005 3:47 AM, Gert Cuykens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I installed 5.3 base and ports on a new pc. Then i wanted to install
cvsup-without-gui but it gives me a compile error at libtool15 ?

Any ideas how to fix it ?

how do you install base, ports and cvsup from cd ?

Some advice (In a nice way) Read the Handbook (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html)

Then, read it again, and finally - one last time. 80% of your questions
can and will be answered if you only take the time to read, digest, and
unsderstand.

Are you refering to this ?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-broken.html

Becuase now it works ?

PS So here i am thinking base and ports and just a little program like
cvsup would not ask much compiling time. (buzzer) MUEEEEEET!!!
(/buzzer) I dont know excatly how many dependency's cvsup has but it
has allot...

If you don't like to compile - use the packages. If you don't know what they are, they are binaries. Mostly intended for the users that don't wish to deal with cvsuping the ports tree nor intend on useing the ports tree.

Packages are good for systems that have some what limited disk space. Also good for the user that does not wish to "get to know" FreeBSD.

--
Best regards,
Chris

The early worm deserves the bird.