Andreas Davour writes:
I didn't think when I was doing my last install, and now my system has a domainname it shouldn't have.

Too many different operating systems compete for space in my brain and I can't seem to find any information about "fully qualified domainname" in the fine manual, since all it talks about is NIS/YP, which isn't my problem.
Any hints?

Well, you don't say quite what you want to know about "fully qualified" domain
name. It means the full name xxx.yyy.zzz.org instead of just xxx or
whatever.

As for changing it, change the hostname="xx.yy.zz.org" in your /etc/rc.conf
file and the domain in /etc/resolv.conf.

////jerry

/andreas