On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Chris wrote:

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Tetsuji "Maverick" Rai wrote:

I want to keep my ports up to date. in 5.3-release (i386)

So I copied a sample ports-supfile and edit as follows (just changed
my host)

However I got this message and I cannot figure out what "Release"
means.   In
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html#CVSUP-CONFIG-VERS
Release is defined as "cvs."

====
su-3.00# cvsup -g -L 2  ports-suprile
Parsing supfile "ports-supfile"
Release not specified for collection "host=cvsup.jp.FreeBSD.org"
====
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!

Sorry about that last one. Anyways, your ports-supfile should have nothing more then this:

*default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix ports-all

I seen you had something that relates to src. Take that out.

Best regards, Chris

To know yourself is the ultimate form of aggression.

Sorry again - properly formated...