I'm trying to get gpg-agent to work with mutt, with very little success.  I
start up the agent in ~/.xinitrc:

    eval `/usr/local/bin/gpg-agent --daemon -s`

Have gnupg configured to use the agent in .gnupg/gpg.conf:

    use-agent

And use what seems to be a pretty standard agent configuration:

    pinentry-program /usr/local/bin/pinentry-qt
    no-grab
    default-cache-ttl 1800

The problem is that GnuPG doesn't seem to want to actually /use/ the agent.
When I try to sign something, pinentry-qt launches, I enter my passphrase,
and the file is successfully signed.  Every time.  There's no passphrase
caching (which is what gpg-agent does, correct?).  The only thing that might
be weird is that my signing key is actually a /secondary/ key, but I
wouldn't have thought that would cause issues.

gpg throws no errors.  Nothing about gpg-agent not being available.  It just
plain doesn't seem to want to work for me, nor tell me why:

    % gpg -v -as test.txt
    gpg: using secondary key 9C22B029 instead of primary key C2889CC9

    You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
    user: "Damian Gerow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"
    gpg: using secondary key 9C22B029 instead of primary key C2889CC9
    1024-bit DSA key, ID 9C22B029, created 2004-04-10 (main key ID C2889CC9)

    gpg: writing to `test.txt.asc'
    gpg: DSA/SHA1 signature from: "9C22B029 Damian Gerow
    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"

    %

Any help?  Please Cc: me, as I'm not on the list...

  - Damian