* Danny Pansters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-04-10 23:26 +0200]:
> sockstat will show you all network and unix sockets and the processes
> and their PIDs. If you want to know more such as the full path or so
> (if used when invoked), you can run ps wwwaux and grep on the PID.

That's exactly what I was looking for, Thanks!

* David Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-04-10 23:37 +0200]:
> Read the man page for ps, specifically "ps -j" and variations of. What
> you are looking for is the ppid, Parent Process ID. Might find a
> process was started by inetd this way.
>
> netstat is the other tool you are looking for, to list open connections.
>
> The proc filesystem may also help associate open connections with
> running processes. man procfs.

I've tried netstat before, no luck - it shows open connections, but I
was never able to get the process/program from it.  I had skimmed the ps
man page, but not read through it thoroughly - I'll rectify that. ;]

Regards,
--
dave [ please don't CC me ]