Subhro wrote:
authentication failure: cannot connect to Courier authdaemond: No such file or directory
Apr 13 13:04:52 munich postfix/smtpd[27064]: warning: unknown[59.93.160.227]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed
Apr 13 13:04:55 munich postfix/smtpd[27064]: lost connection after AUTH from unknown[59.93.160.227]
Apr 13 13:04:55 munich postfix/smtpd[27064]: disconnect from unknown[59.93.160.227]

May I kindly suggest that the answer is already there? It says:
"cannot connect to Courier authdaemond: No such
file or directory".
Either Postfix is looking in the wrong place or something's fishy about the Courier authdaemond. What does the Courier log say?

I did not explicitly install courier. Which is the port which I need to install?
What do you mean then? You said you are "trying to set up a mailserver with virtual mailboxes and SASL authentication for SMTP". Courier IS a mail server (in the ports) suitable for virtual mailboxes. I think you need to provide all the details first, Postfix is an MTA but not a complete mail server.
The problem above may be better answered on the Postfix list so I suggest you try there as well.