All,

I have a project in which I have purchased the hardware to build a massive
file server (specifically for video). The array from all estimates will come
in at close to 5.8TB after overheard and formatting. Questions are:

What Version of BSD (5.3, 5.4, 4.X)?

What should the stripe size be for the array for speed when laying down
video streams?

What filesystem?

Is there any limitations that would prevent a single volume that large? (if
I remember there is a 2TB limit or something)

The idea is to provide as much network storage as possible as fast as
possible, any particular service? (SMB. NFS, ETC)

Raid controller: 3Ware 9500S-12MI

Thanks!