On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, Totally Jayyness wrote:

> Turns out that IE doesn't ASSUME the 'http://' on any port except 80.
> So I went back in, made the changed to httpd.conf and then went to
> http://192.168.0.10:1124 and BANG, there it was.

> So thought I would follow up with all of you to 1:  Thankyou and
> 2:  Let you know about EVIL IE.

IE does what you tell it if you give it a proper URL. That it doesn't
behave in the way you intended when you gave it a non-standardised,
abbreviated input, is not something that it should be castigated for -
unless you count teaching people the notion that "www.example.org" is a
valid URL.

Personal responsibility for corporate decisions:
if they've nothing to hide, they've nothing to lobby against.