On Apr 15, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Eric F Crist wrote:

Hello list,

First off, please reply directly to me (with CC to list), as I'm no longer a member of the list. (Too much erroneous traffic.)

FreeBSD 5.3 uses BIND 9.3.0 and I'm trying to upgrade to 9.3.1. I know with PERL, you can set an option to use-ports-dist or something like that so that system perl is disabled and perl from ports is used instead.

Is there a similar option for BIND, or do I need to symlink the execs from /usr/sbin/... to /usr/local/sbin?

Thanks.

Sorry for the self-reply, but I answered my own question. Doing a little reading, the following command will do what I require:

From within /usr/ports/dns/bind9, I executed the following:

# make WITH_PORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND9=yes install clean

All is updated!

Thanks.