Tim Hogan wrote:
I have recently done a system update to address some security issues and
discovered that during the update the soft links in my /usr/sbin
directory were re-written back to the system defaults.  I believe that I
have changed the mailq, sendmail, and newaliases soft links back to what
they should be, but is there a way to verify the postfix installation?
Is there a way to keep FreeBSD from doing this during a build world?

As the installation messages would have said you need to edit your make.conf and add the line "NO_SENDMAIL=TRUE" to stop the system building sendmail when you do a build world.