--- Kevin Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On Sunday, Nov 24, 2002, at 23:08 US/Pacific, Cliff
> Sarginson wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 10:19:31PM -0600, David
> Kelly wrote:

> FreeBSD devbox this week.

> >> The most painless way to print within FreeBSD is
> with a Postscript
> >> printer which speaks lpd protocol on ethernet.
> >>
> > Sadly this is quite an expensive way.
>
> If you can find one on eBay or somewhere, look into
> a Lexmark Optra
> Color 40 (or 45).
> Nice color inkjet printer, WITH Postscript.  It
> comes with a fighting
> 2MB of memory, but add a 32 or 64MB SIMM and you're
> good to go; prints
> great from FreeBSD, WinXP, and Mac OS X.  I've
> loved mine for two
> years, and recently acquired another NIB that I
> might, MIGHT be talked
> out of.  Better yet, go find your own - should be
> less than $100.
> Recommended.
>
> KeS
>
> BTW, I was recently looking to see what else is out
> there, and the best
> I came up with is an HP 2280 at $450.

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of
> the message

I think the best thing to do is look at the man page
for gs and look at the sDEVICE swith options which
tells you basicaly which printers it will support. And
buy a printer that it supports and then all you have
to do when you want to print something is convert it
to postscript and then give it to ps to print it. Well
at least this way works for me.

Wayne