On Friday 22 April 2005 04:40 pm, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-04-22 at 16:14 -0700, Kent Stewart wrote:
> >CUT<
> >
> > There is a lot of stuff that comes along but here is what I do. I
> > have a script file called upstable. It looks like
> >
> > # m upstable
> > #! /bin/sh
> > cd /root/cvsup
> > #cvsup -g -L 2 4.x-stable-supfile 2>&1 | tee cvsup.log
> > cvsup -g -L 2 stable-supfile 2>&1 | tee /var/log/build/cvsup.log
> >
> > cd /var/log/build/
> >
> > # Now convert the log to html`
> > cvsuplog < cvsup.log > cvsup-`date "+%Y%m%d-%H%M"`.html
> >
> > Now /root/cvsup/stable-supfile looks like
> >
> > # cat stable*
> > # $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile
> > # IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror
> > sites # listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
> > #*default host=cvsup16.freebsd.org
> > *default host=crystal
> > *default base=/usr
> > *default prefix=/usr
> > *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
> > *default delete use-rel-suffix
> >
> > # If your network link is a T1 or faster, comment out the following
> > line.
> > #*default compress
> >
> > ## Main Source Tree.
> > #
> > src-all
>
> K. I'm mirroring the freebsd cvs to an internal machine by using the
> ports cvsup-mirror, so as far as I can tell thats the only
> difference. How does that change what the cvs server is telling the
> client is available? and is using cvsup-mirror not a good idea for
> this?

That is what I am running on crystal. You are adding cvs characteristics
to a cvsup mirror. Somewhere in there, I think you are confused but I
don't know where.

The cvsup mirror works perfectly. It cuts down on your use of a slow
internet and lets you use a 100Mbs internal network. The whole purpose
is to cut down on traffic to your favorite mirror and cvsup-mirror does
an excellant job of doing that.

Kent
--
Kent Stewart