> The line it bitched about was something like:
>
> [ -x ${PREFIX}/sbin/thttpd_wrapper ] && ${PREFIX}/sbin/thttpd_wrapper & &&
> echo -n ' thttpd'
>
> I presume it was complaining about running a command in the background and
> then trying to use the && operator to run the following command.

Your diagnosis is correct. This change is even mentioned in 4.7 release
notes (which I read *after* posting similar message to this list a
few weeks ago<g>).

I don't know about thttpd_wrapper, but with my scripts (mysql_server.sh
and pwcheck.sh) I could just remove the single & and the scripts
started to work OK.
--
Toomas Aas | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* One can never know for sure what a deserted area looks like.