Charles Swiger wrote:

On May 4, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Ryan Winograd wrote:

I recently noticed that the system clock on a machine i recently set up is running very quickly, about 2x realtime by my measuring. What can i do to solve/investigate this problem? What information would be helpful?

Try changing the kern.timecounter.hardware sysctl; you can look at the available choices via:

     sysctl kern.timecounter.choice

Thanks for all the advice everyone. The solution was changing the kern.timecounter.hardware sysctl to i8254 (was ACPI-safe). I was using NTP, but when the clock is at 2x even having cron run ntp every minute is too innacurate.

Thx again!
Ryan