To whom ever receives and responds to this request for info;

I had installed Mandrake Linux on a machine that uses an nvidia motherboard and found there to be no ethernet driver included with the distribution. After hunting around I found a driver for the onboard nic from the nvidia web site. I installed it and got a tainted kernel warning. I realize that FreeBSD is not Mandrake linux, but I also anticipate a few hoops to jump through to get a driver for FreeBSD to use this network interface. Needless to say I'm dumping Mandrake and want to use FreeBSD. My source of info at this time is FreeBSD Unleashed; Michael Urban and Brian Tiemann, Sams publishing. It has a hardware compatibility list in an appendix in the back and is copyrighted 2003 but lists minimum hardware requirements as intel 386 architecture or compatible processor (AMD, which I am using, I presume). This leads me to believe that the text is somewhat dated. I have another nic installed in the machine, a D-link card, but I want two network cards. One to connect to ADSL and the other to connect to the inside network. My machine has two pci Slots but I'd rather use the builtin and one pci card slot (which I have been using). I would appreciate any guidance on this matter; E.G, Is there a FreeBSD compatible driver for this nic? I have not determined what chip set is used.
Thank you so much for your time and attention:
I would thank you by name but I don't know who will be responding;
Jeff Killen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]