I don't have any more pull getting PR's worked on, but I have found
that if they are properly filed then they get worked on faster.  For
example,
the PR system isn't an appropriate place for complaining that a mirror
site
is missing miniinst.iso file - you should contact the mirror
administrator

FWIW:
There is no miniinst. I'm pretty sure they intend it to be so. I've been hearing talk for many months regarding the changes in disc ISOs. I'm sure its documented somewhere (though I could not find it). You could search the archives.

At least you can start with the release announcement...
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/announce.html
At the bottom it shows they produced no mini installation. (as evidenced by the MD5s)