Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 07:51:48AM +1000, Timothy Smith wrote:

nsFontMetricsPS.cpp:1633: `struct FTC_ImageTypeRec_' has no member named `face_id'

Make sure your freetype port is up-to-date and that you don't have
stale freetype files installed from a previous non-ports install or

from a previous version of the port that you did not upgrade

correctly.  Use pkg_which from the portupgrade package to do this (see
the manpage).

Kris

ok maybe we have found the problem here
pkg_which freetype2-2.1.7_3
freetype2-2.1.7_3: not found

yet pkg_info see's it

That's not how you use pkg_which (please read the manpage!), but you've also inadvertently shown that you need to take the first part of my advice.

Kris

yes sorry i jumped in without reading the man page for it's useage.
however some digging and a few other helpful emails and TA DA!!! it works!!!
i portupgraded freetype2, and then firefox built successfully.
i was under the impression that portupgrade looked after dependencies like this on it's own however? is it possible in my fiddling around i screwed up something which prevented portupgrade upgrading freetype2?
fyi i upgraded gaim and some other stuff successfully, so everything seems OK

thanks for everyones help and patience, it's what makes freebsd superior.