Marc G. Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm really growing tired of reading articles talking abot so and so
> creating a super computer of 1400 CPUs running Linux ... latest one I read
> was one that HP setup ...

I think the people who jabber about clusters need a reality check.

At BSDCon, Hubert Feyrer gave a talk "Clustering NetBSD".
http://2002.eurobsdcon.org/papers/feyrer.pdf

Folks, go and read it.  Yes, it's boring.  That's the point.  Although
this was a particular ad-hoc project, I think it is representative
in many ways.  Clusters aren't general purpose tools.  They can be
used to develop highly specific solutions to unique problems of a
certain type.  And there are no solutions out of the box.

If you have an actual use for a cluster, you can also set one up.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]