On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 12:01:18PM -0700, Sarath ER wrote:
> Hi Kris,
>
> Infact I did try the make buildworld but i dont want to reinstall the
> entire base, as I read somewhere that it would overwrite /etc.

Incorrect.

 I tried
> make -f Makefile.ssl in /usr/src/crypto/openssl and it didnt work. Looks
> like I am taking the wrong route.

Yes.

> I cant do a full upgrade because the
> server is in a datacenter and I have only ssh access to it. And I do not
> know if it would fail to boot in case of a problem during the reinstall
> of base. Is it possible to only reinstall the openssl  from crypto?

The supported way to rebuild your system is with make buildworld.
While it's possible for experts to rebuild parts of the system, you
can in fact put your system into an even worse state if you don't know
what you're doing.  Please read more about the buildworld process in
the handbook.  In particular, since you're not doing an update it
should be quite safe.

Kris