Please cc me on the response. Thanks.

This is for a FreeBSD 5.0-DP2
If I want to use fetchmail to snag email from say 4 different pop acounts
and then filter it with procmail and use mozilla to read it (which I've read is
trivial to do), what parts of sendmail (or any mta) must I have running minimally on localhost.

You can assume that this is for my person workstation and I do have root.

While were on the sendmail thing, what exactly was the final decision on how to
turn it off completely in FreeBSD4.7-RELEASE and -CURRENT ?
(have the recent changes been MFC'ed yet)

I've seen different answers across news groups, this list, and the src/UPDATING file.

i.e.

a)
sendmail_enable = "NO" (or anything that isn't NONE or YES)

b)
senmail_enable = "NONE"

c)
mta_start_script="/nonexistent" (or empty quotes)

d)
sendmail_enable="NO"
sendmail_submit_enable="NO" sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
sendmail_msp_queue_enable="NO"