Hello,

I've been using FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE on a production machine, but now I have some problem with my users. One of them isn't an experienced FreeBSD user, and accidentally started 19 instances of the same program, and these instances crashed in the background and produced a load average about 20. It is a small server with trusted users, but I'd like to avoid such issues, so I decided to make a strong limit for the users in login.conf.

I've read the documentation and login.conf(5), but I haven't read what to do when I redefine the default class. Should I delete and recreate my users or the new settings will take effect without doing that? The class identifier is stored when I create an account or the settings the class name refers?

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán