Luke St.Clair wrote:
I'm attempting to use the netgear wg311T card, which I bought since the ath man page and docs said it is supported under FBSD.

I'm using the 5.4 release.

ath works on 5.x but I've seen much improvement in 6.x.

I did:
cd /sys/modules/ath;
make; make install
kldload if_ath

and dmesg presents:
ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xdf000000-0xdf00ffff irq 18 at device 8.0 on pci1
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13
device_attach: ath0 attach returned 6

Which, from googling, seems to indicate the driver in -CURRENT will probably work. Is this true?

Yes, I'm using one on -CURRENT

If so, is it possible to just download/compile the ath driver from -CURRENT? If so, how?

The driver is part of the system, you don't have to download/compile anything. Simply put this in your /boot/loader.conf

  if_ath_load="YES"

Or should I be able to make this work on a release system?

Yes, see above.

--
Regards,
Doug