In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Svein Halvor Halvorsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> typed:

> * Mike Meyer wrote [2005-06-12 03:31 -0500]
> >  > guru% wc <(cat /etc/motd)
> >  > wc: /dev/fd/11: open: No such file or directory
>
> Did you mount the fdescfs filesystem? I have this in my /etc/fstab:
>
> fdesc    /dev/fd      fdescfs      rw      0       0

That indeed was the problem. Such wasn't required for 4.X. I couldn't
find anything about this searching the FreeBSD web site, or checking
/usr/src/UPDATING. Maybe there's somewhere else I should have looked?

If not, this change should be mentioned in one of those places.

        thanks,
        <mike
--
Mike Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://www.mired.org/consulting.html