--On Monday, June 13, 2005 22:16:38 -0700 Kan Cai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi, Paul:

  Thanks for the reply, but it didn't work. I tried 3 keyboards and 2
FreeBSD releases (5.2.1, and 5.3R1). The combination of logitech keyboard
with 5.2.1 does highlight the keymap option in sysinstall menu, but that
is how far it goes. The keyboard stops working so that I cannot press
"space", "tab" or "enter".

I'm not sure I explained myself clearly.  Let's try again.

***During the boot process***** before you ever get to sysinstall, when the daemon shows up on the screen and you're given a menu with several options, if you look closely, option seven (7) must be chosen to use a usb keyboard **during the install**.

If you're waiting until the sysinstall appears, that's way too late. You need to chose option 7 before the kernel even loads, almost immediately after the system boots.

If you *are* doing that and the keyboards aren't working anyway, then I have no idea what the problem might be.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member