Ports ... I always use ports.

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Warren Block wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Matt Juszczak wrote:

We are currently moving to a new mail server that is FreeBSD-based. Our old mail server is a chrooted slackware box that hasn't been upgraded in years because no one even had access to it for a while (the management of the company I work for used to stink, its better now). Our new mail server has 3000 accounts on it, that are active, but only about 50 of them are actually functioning (one of our virtual domains). We haven't switched the MX record for our main ISP yet, we're waiting to make sure the box is stable first. So to answer your question, there is only about a 50-user lynch mob and most of those users are internal to our ISP (employees, etc.).... I would not make a change on something that had more live users, especially paying customers.

Our current mail server supports procmail, and we have about 50 users who use it. Therefore, thats why I was turning it on on the new server. We're working on basically mirroring the old server to the new one and making sure that our change will be swift and efficient. I've considered using postfix's internal LDA and just calling procmail from inside a .forward file for those users who need it/want it ... this might end up fixing the problems.

Did you build procmail from ports or bare? Just asking because there are ten patch files included with the port...

!DSPAM:42b076c8956801608011501!