On Jun 20, 2005, at 07:59, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

On Jun 20, 2005, at 8:12 AM, Bob Bomar wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
| I went to mount a UFS filesystem on an OSX prepared drive and discovered | that apparantly FreeBSD can't read mac disklabels? Is this true or am I
| missing something?

OS X Uses HFS+ which FreeBSD can not read.  Its an Apple format.
There were some tools in ports to read HFS fs's, but not HFS+.

OS X also supports a form of UFS btw

If the drive was formatted using Disk Utility there is a very hidden option for "Apple Partitioning Scheme" or "PC Partitioning Scheme". The Apple Partitioning Scheme is the default. The only documentation I could find on those options is a note that if you want to be able to mount the drive on a PC you must use the PC Partitioning Scheme. I suspect that the Apple Partitioning Scheme uses a different format for the partition map which may not be handled by anything else.