On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 08:19:36PM -0800, Scott I. Remick wrote:
> I just got in an ATA133 30GB drive that I am going to dedicat to FreeBSD on
> my main system (an Asus A7V133). I took off the existing 20GB (Win2000), put
> the 30GB in its place (primary master). I boot from a 4.7-REL CD I made,
> install goes fine... it detects the controllers, drive, I partition the
> whole thing for FreeBSD, setting the auto defaults, etc etc.  Everything
> goes swell.  Then I'm done, I reboot, take out the CD... and it just sits
> there when it should be booting from the drive.

I can't tell you the solution, but by pure chance I too have been
fiddling with installs on a A7V133 system with a 30GB drive. I am
convinced there is a bug in the BIOS because it doesn't honour the boot
order you set in the BIOS sometimes. I did a quick experiemental install
of 5.0 just to see. It all went fine, and did indeed boot. However it
then refused to boot anything other than the HD, Despite the boot order
being FD, CD, HD. I got around this by rather drastic means,,,but if it
happens again I shall be..mmm..pissed off :)

Although this is not what you are seeing, it is a bit of a co-incidence.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson