Hello:

(FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE)

I am using the script below to start / stop MailScanner on my system
using Exim.  The script appears to work properly, as I can clearly see
from logs and ps -ax that the service does indeed stop and start...
however,

Whenever I try to run '/etc/init.d/MailScanner stop' (start, restart,
etc.) I get the following:

srv01# /etc/init.d/MailScanner stop
Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:       /usr/home/installd/functions: line 350:
initlog: command not found
                                                           [FAILED]

particluarly, I don't know what the 'initlog: command not found' error
indicates.

(/usr/home/installd/initlog does exist)

Can anyone provide assistance to resolve this error?

Cheers,
Chris

---BEGIN SCRIPT---

srv01# cat /etc/init.d/MailScanner
#!/bin/bash
#
# mailscanner   This shell script takes care of starting and stopping
#               MailScanner.
#
# chkconfig: 2345 80 30
# processname: MailScanner
# config: /usr/mailscanner/etc/MailScanner.conf
# pidfile: /usr/mailscanner/var/MailScanner.pid

# Source function library.
# . /etc/init.d/functions
. /usr/home/installd/functions

# Source networking configuration.
#. /etc/sysconfig/network
. /etc/rc.conf

# Check that networking is up.
[ "${NETWORKING}" = "no" ] && exit 0

TMPDIR=/var/spool/MailScanner
export TMPDIR

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
        # Start daemons.
        echo 'Starting MailScanner daemons:'
        echo -n '         MailScanner:       '
        /usr/mailscanner/bin/check_mailscanner >/dev/null
        success
        echo
        ;;
  stop)
        # Stop daemons.
        echo    'Shutting down MailScanner daemons:'
        echo -n '         MailScanner:       '
        pid=`head -1 /usr/mailscanner/var/MailScanner.pid`
        alive=`ps ax | awk '{ print $1 }' | grep '^'$pid'$'`
        if [ -z "$alive" ] ; then
          failure
        else
          /bin/kill -TERM -- -$pid
          success
        fi
        echo
        ;;
  status)
        # Work out if all of MailScanner is running
        echo    'Checking MailScanner daemons:'
        echo -n '         MailScanner:       '
        pid=`head -1 /usr/mailscanner/var/MailScanner.pid`
        alive=`ps ax | awk '{ print $1 }' | grep '^'$pid'$'`
        if [ -z "$alive" ] ; then failure; else success; fi
        echo
        ;;
  reload)
        echo    'Reloading MailScanner workers:'
        echo -n '         MailScanner:       '
        pid=`head -1 /usr/mailscanner/var/MailScanner.pid`
        alive=`ps ax | awk '{ print $1 }' | grep '^'$pid'$'`
        if [ -z "$alive" ] ; then
          failure
          echo
          $0 start
        else
          /bin/kill -HUP -- -$pid
          success
        fi
        echo
        ;;
  restart)
        $0 stop
        sleep 8
        $0 start
        ;;
  *)
         echo "Usage: service MailScanner
{start|stop|status|restart|reload}"
        exit 1
esac

exit

---END SCRIPT---

This is the section from /usr/home/installd/functions that is causing
the error:

# Log that something succeeded
success() {
  if [ -z "${IN_INITLOG:-}" ]; then
     initlog $INITLOG_ARGS -n $0 -s "$1" -e 1
  else
     # silly hack to avoid EPIPE killing rc.sysinit
     trap "" SIGPIPE
     echo "$INITLOG_ARGS -n $0 -s \"$1\" -e 1" >&21
     trap - SIGPIPE
  fi
  [ "$BOOTUP" != "verbose" ] && echo_success
  return 0
}