Has anyone got a 2100s raid controller installed on a freebsd system. I
have got it working fine on freebsd 4.5 but when I try to upgrade to 4.7
the os no longer recognises it as a boot device and I have to boot off
/kernel.old.

My upgrade procedure is as follows, but it dies on the init 6. Any help
would really be appreciated:

  # cd /usr/src
  # cvsup supfile
  # make buildworld && make buildkernel KERNCONF=X330-SMP
  # make installkernel KERNCONF=X330-SMP
  # init 6
  # init 1
  # mount -u /      # make the root filesystem updatable
  # mount -a        # mount the other filesystems
  # cd /usr/src
  # make installworld
  # mergemaster