On Jul 1, 2005, at 11:40 PM, D. Goss wrote:

I've been happy with my limited use of FreeBSD and am slowly propagating it to other machines I can find... :)

I've just installed 5.4 release (generic) onto an older Dell Inspiron 7500 laptop. I'm trying to get a PCMCIA wireless network card working and having problems.

The card is Atheros based and hence listed as supported under the harware list (NEC PA-WL/54AG) via ath(4). If I ifconfig the card is not shown, I only see the loopback.

dmesg shows cardbus0: <network, ethernet> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)

Finally, the card has been shown to work in another laptop under another OS so I know the hardware is good.

Just went off to check GENERIC - I'm (obviously) new to this but it seems that ath is not in GENERIC, correct? I'll try rebuilding with it...

Sorry if it was that -
d.