jdyke wrote:
i had built a jail a few weeks ago as a learning expierence, specifying a DESTDIR of /usr/jail/ssh for make world, i don't really want it to reside there long term and want to build it with less features enabled in make.conf. So now I'm trying to build another jail in another location and `make world DESTDIR=/path/to/new/dir` fails with
 >>> Building an up-to-date make(1)
make: don't know how to make /usr/jail/ssh/usr/lib/libc.a. Stop

I've run a make clean and make cleandir and tried to re run without success. i'm currently running a grep to look for the old path in any file on the whole system, /etc/ and /usr similar greps came up empty.

How can i make the system forget about the old DESTDIR? Should i just delete all of /usr/src and cvsup?

Hate to reply to my own post...but i've completely removed /usr/src and cvsup'd in the hopes this would clear, but does not. I also have rebooted the machine, cause i'm getting desperate.

Is there anyway to clear the old DESTDIR out of there. Its at the point where i can not even rebuild the jail in the old spot, i get the same error as above.

I can not run `make buildworld` without supplying a DESTDIR, so this is going to hit home again then next time it try to update.

If there is a better list to post this on, i'd be glad to move it.

well, if anyone ever comes across this issue, the solution is to either clear out /usr/obj entirely and start over, the offending file was a .depend in /usr/obj/usr/src/make/.depend. the last line was pointing to liba.c in that directory.

jd

Any help appreciated, thanks!
jd

5.4-RELEASE