Efren Bravo wrote:
Hi,
 >Have you got a line indicating >inetd_enable="YES" >in your /etc/rc.conf?
Yes it's indicated, The file rc.conf is accumulative? Because inside it appears the last configuration changed with the date. The line inetd_enable="YES" is repeated every time I made a change.
and $ telnet localhost works but remotely doesn't.
I tried to install telnet server because I'm sat down in a PC with windowsXP and I thought to connect myself to freeBSD pc to study it more comfortable.

What you probably already have it sshd installed on freebsd,unless you said no at install, and while you can not use XP alone to connect to FreeBSD over ssh you can download putty (http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/) to do this very simply.

Sorry to distract what you were doing, but try to avoid telnet as much as you can for network connections.

hth
Jeff

My freeBSD version is 5.4