On 2005-07-07 03:20, Piotr Baranowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> KK> Show us the exact error and exactly what you did, we can't help if
> KK> you're vague about it.
>
> what i did was:
> 1) cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> 2) cp GENERIC OWIEC
> 3) editing OWIEC
> 4) config OWIEC
> 5) cd ../compile/OWIEC
> 6) make depend
> 7) had errors
> 8) make -a D depend
> 9) seen errors ;-)

That's wrong.  You are trying to build just a kernel, before a userland
has been compiled.  Use "make buildworld" and "make buildkernel", unless
you know exactly what you are doing and why.

> then i used second method
> 1) cd /usr/src
> 2) make buildkernel KERNCONF=OWIEC
> 3) had errors
> 4) make -a D buildkernel KERNCONF=OWIEC
> 5) same errors here ;-)
>
> exact errors would take very much space ;-)
> at first blocks of theese err's:
>
> cc: #: No such file of directory
> cc: parents:: No such file or directory
> cc: kernel: No such file or directory
> cc: vers.c: No such file or directory
> cc: harvest.o: No such file or directory
> cc: :: No such file or directory
> cc: ${NORMAL_C}: No such file or directory
> cc: randomdev.ln: No such file or directory
> cc: ${NORMAL_LINT}: No such file or directory
>
> and so on..
> and after that, block of many:
>
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-f"

Hmmm.  You haven't by any chance overwritten the system version of
make(1) with GNU make, right?

What do you see when you try to run the command:

        # make --version