Shark Wang wrote:

as I had read some partitions material about legacy Unix, I try to separate '/boot' from '/' for my large space on '/' .

another question come up : Is ad0s1d the first blocks of the disk which based on partitions layout that my gave?

No, it isn't. ad0s1a would be the first blocks after the MBR. Really, FreeBSD does not need or expect /boot to be separate so would not have put it at the front of the disk. The only system I know which does that is Linux. Out of curiosity, which "legacy Unix"?

--Alex