Hi Mike,

  If I had a buck for every time a similar thing happened to someone....

  I would bet that if you took that 6600 card to enough DIFFERENT
systems, you would find a motherboard in which it worked perfectly under
FreeBSD 5.4.

  And I would also bet that if I took your 5200 card to enough
DIFFERENT systems I would find several motherboards on which it
locked up the same as the 6600 card - and some of those would be
boards in which the 6600 worked flawlessly!

  This kind of thing is just par for the course in hardware and is
why the people at Dell and HP that select parts from OEMs for their
systems get paid the big bucks.

  I hope you fully document everything and send it all off to the driver
people at Nvidia, maybe they can patch around the problem.

  Glad to hear the system is working!  An ounce of stability is worth
a pound of go-fast gadgetry.

Ted