Warren wrote:
im running  FreeBSD5.4-STABLE

For some damn reason my Clock in KDE reads the correct time but yet my system base time when doing a uname -a outputs to UTC time and not AEST. i have run rdate and other programs and not one of them manages to fix the time, i even checked BIOS, i even (gasp) stuck a windows hdd in this machine and it ran the correct time.

So my question is .. why wont it change the time and what is there that i can use to force it to use the correct time.

You can change the timezone with 'tzsetup' and time and date with the 'date' command, see manpage for more information.

The time and date shown by 'uname -a' is the time where the kernel was built. It's a fixed string in the binary. It won't change unless you won't recompile your kernel.

Björn