Andrew Budiwaluyo wrote:

I can ssh (and access http) to my server from the
internet, but not from my internal network.

if i turn off the firewall it still won't work so i
think it's no from ipf.rules.

Help!

If I ssh from an internal machine, I get the login
prompt, but after typing a username, I am never asked
for a password...
Ok. So assumably you can login to your machine locally first off, correct? Second off, are you operating between two interfaces or just one? I would assume 2 since you're talking about external and internal networks. So, you might want to check how your packets are being routed between the interfaces and the 'static' routes setup between your machine where you are currently located and the server.

As for the SSH... that's fishy... logging in locally would be the first step I would try in determining the issue at hand. Then check the CPU usage of all of your processes to make sure you don't have a runaway task such that your authentication is being effectively blocked.

Also, did you comment out some of the lines in /etc/ttys?

-Garrett