Hi list,

I'm having a strange problem while trying to install FreeBSD on a pentium 4 server with an adaptec 2010s controller with a built RAID 10. It goes fine until it tries to read the CD (to install FreeBSD), at that point it starts spitting random numbers and letters in blocks, something like:

cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99
cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99
cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99
cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99
cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99 cc 99 cc aa dd 99

(letters/numbers are different)

and it never stops. If I destroy the RAID 10, FreeBSD will boot up fine and detect all 4 disks.. if I insert a Windows CD, it will go to Windows the installation screen, which leads me to believe it is a problem related with FreeBSD and the fact that there is a RAID 10 created (remember, if I destroy the RAID it works fine and will go to sysinstall)

This is my first RAID installation on a FreeBSD system, so I might be missing something obvious.. Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks in advance!