Tsampros Leonidas wrote:
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 07:18:58PM -0400, Tom Parquette wrote:

Hi. I only subscribe to the digest. Please CC me. I know it's protocol but sometimes it does not happen. <sigh> The double edged sword of digest mode. TIA...

I'm trying to build Java and I ran into the problem where linprocfs has to be running/mounted.

I found the suggestions but it is not working.
Here is what I get:
Script started on Wed Jul 13 19:05:19 2005
stargate# grep linprocfs /etc/fstab
linprocfs               /compat/linux/proc linprocfs rw         0       0
stargate# kldload linprocfs

Try first to create the directory /compat/linux/proc and then change
the device name to none. It worked for me.  More precisely i run the
following command (after creating the directory):

# mount -t linprocfs none /usr/compat/linux/proc/
# cat /usr/compat/linux/proc/cpuinfo x
processor       : 0
<etc...>

That fixed it.  Thanks...