George Ruch wrote:

On the little machine, it came up looking like a minimal LILO. It
would boot XP correctly, but came up with '??' for the XP
partition.

It says ?? but boots XP just fine. If you care about the cosmetics then I posted a patch which makes it say DOS instead, a while ago, done out of curiosity more than caring. I only *know* it works for non-serial consoles, in that I haven't compiled it with the relevant serial #defined so don't know that it's under 512 bytes. It also incorporates a patch from elsewhere to turn off the beep.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1506483+1512204+/usr/local/www/db/text/2005/freebsd-questions/20050612.freebsd-questions

--Alex