Hi,

I've managed to install FreeBSD 5 on a RAID-10 after my weird problem of random letters/numbers scrolling on the screen upon a CD boot (actually installed 4.10 from CD, cvsupped to 5.4, it worked - seems to be something related to the CD boot loader..).

Wanting to have something to manage the raid with, a simple make search key=adaptec showed asr-utils and aaccli. I've had no luck with either one.

I don't have the server online now (have it at home before shipping it, only have one set of cables, a pain to switch them due to cable locations etc)

With raidutil (from asr-utils), a raidutil -L all says something about COMPATIBITY NUMBER and then something about /dev/rdpti17. I've tried to symlink /dev/asr0 to /dev/rdpti17, but the symlink is gone when I run raidutil again. I googled a bit and there were suggestions about /dev/rasr0 -> /dev/rdpti17, but I have no rasr0 device - only asr0. There was also some links about increasing SYSV memory, which I did, no luck either.

I tried aaccli after having no luck with raidutil, and a aaccli open asr0 says the controller is invalid or non-existant.

camcontrol devlist shows the RAID-10, and I'm pretty sure the RAID is working - I've installed FreeBSD on it lol :-)

All that I'm missing now is a tool to be able to manage the raid.. any suggestions ?