Ok, this is kind of a two part question. So here goes.

1st, I need to build a mail server that does both pop and smtp. 2nd, I need that server to be able to do pop before smtp authentication for relaying.

Anyone got a good tutorial on how to do that and how to setup the server to authenticate smtp users via "pop before smtp"? What mail server software would I need to pull this off? Thanks for the info!