On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Marek Sulovsky wrote:

But when I started to update the system and ports - another problem
appeared:

when I am downloading a file (I noticed the problem only during ftp
downloads - but I have had almost no other traffic) sometimes (about
every 2-5 MBs on average) the transfer stops (command line ftp says
"stalled", fetch shows nothing and does nothing).

"Stalled" is shown when the FTP server just stops sending. For FreeBSD files, it usually means the server is too busy. Try using a different server, or one that's closer to you.