On Jul 20, 2005, at 7:05 AM, Bart Silverstrim wrote:

As I understand it Apple is using some of the code from FreeBSD, but FreeBSD isn't necessarily *getting* anything as an obligation from them.

Ideally, if businesses give to them, that's a bonus. Businesses have always been able to take from FreeBSD as per it's license without giving anything. But when you start doing tit-for-tat scratch-my-back-and-I'll-scratch-yours relationships with businesses, there's going to be problems.

Just as an aside: Apple does push code back as far as I know. There was talk last year for example about MSDOS FS support being put back in from Apple Darwin.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider