On Fri, 22 Jul 2005, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

On Jul 22, 2005, at 10:59 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

Looking for a recommendation on a place to buy a good SCSI cable ... just picked up an Intel server, SCSI backplane with an ICP-Vortex RAID controller ... the SCSI cable that came with the backplane is about 3 inches short though :( Nice cable, mind you, but I don't think it would appreciate being *stretched* ...

Preferrably somewhere that accepts Paypal, and somewhere that has a good rep for cables ...

I don't know if this place is any better than any other place, but when I needed a good quality U320 cable last year I bought some from here and they were fast and had good pricing as far as I can tell and the cables have been flawless...

<http://www.pc-pitstop.com/scsi_cables/>

Just a satisifed custoemr

Wow ... 39" cables seem to be what they sell ... and they reference an Adaptec part # that has about the same length ... where do you put the almost foot and a half extra? :) My current cable is ~16" long ... funny thing, their multi-connector (>2) cables are shorter ...

Ah well ... not a biggie, will take a look at the inside of teh case just to make sure I have somewhere to put that extra length :)

Thanks ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664