Greg Maruszeczka wrote:

It's probably "blowback" resulting from the activities of worm-infected
windows hosts. Someone you correspond with got infected and the worm
subsequently propagated itself by picking your name from their address
book and inserting it into the from: header of the message carrying the
worm. Then, badly configured MTAs send "helpful" NDRs to the "sender"
informing them that they're messages couldn't be delivered

Pretty routine, really.
In 2005.01 we have got 48605 bounce messages (instead of 4-10, our clients prefer to call phone) to our help desk email and I was _forced_ to close this address with semi-helpful message after "RCPT TO:" command about new address.
Now I reopened address and we get "normal" number of spam messages at it.